dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / Anyone got a geforce?  
Author
Message Pages: 1
Silent Trigger
Old School Soldier

hey anyone got a geforce here like fx series or the new series?

how is the tvout on the geforce card?

my video card is gonna die soon need to update

01-06-05 05:47 AM

D-$
Deez Nutz

I have geforce however I have to say its not top of the line its just average. I have a nice system though and geforce has some new video cards that are off the cain. I have dual xeon system with 64mb vd ram geforce with 1gig of 3200ddr

01-06-05 06:07 AM

D[a]Rk
n00b

I have an nvidia 6800GT, it is awesome, i haven't had any problems, HL2 looks awesome, c0d:uo looks awesome, everything looks awesome at full settings.  Oh and nfsu:2 looks awesome ;) i'm running an AMD64 3500+, 1gb pc3500, 256mb Nvidia 6800GT.  So all in all, it's worth the money if your computer is fast enough to support it.  Z[e]Ro has practically the exact same setup as me, and i'm sure he'll tell you the same thing.

Last edited by D[a]Rk (01-06-05 03:20 PM)

01-06-05 03:20 PM

Silent Trigger
Old School Soldier

HI Dark have you used the tv-out feature on the card? let me know how it is

and also 2d wise is the graphics on the desktop nice and sharp?

01-06-05 04:35 PM

D[a]Rk
n00b

Silent Trigger wrote:

HI Dark have you used the tv-out feature on the card? let me know how it is

and also 2d wise is the graphics on the desktop nice and sharp?

The text is very sharp.  I'm using a Dell 2001FP LCD, and the text displays very clearly, one thing i love about the card is that it supports my 20.1" LCD at 1600x1200 and my 2nd LCD at 1280x1024 (at the same time). Also, the card supports games like HL2 and other graphic intensive games at 1600x1200, which only the top of the line cards can do at the moment (top of the line in the last 3-6months).  The card comes with svideo out, i used it once to watch a movie on my brothers 52" LCD TV, it was ok, the quality was alright, but i would never buy a graphics card based on the tv out quality, you should just buy a really nice graphics card for the graphics part, and then buy a tv out card that has lots of outputs and inputs, so that you are getting quality in both fields.  Know what i mean?

Last edited by D[a]Rk (01-06-05 05:11 PM)

01-06-05 05:11 PM

Silent Trigger
Old School Soldier

well its not that im buyin a video card for its tvout, i need a complete card..

ati offers good tvout features, + all the gaming proformance and image quality needed, i seen a good price on a nividia card thats why i wanted to know..

iam still deciding but i also found someone selling a Ati Radeon X800XT 256MB which i might get, its only gonna cost me about $250 out of my pocket. (CDN funds)

01-07-05 01:24 AM

D-$
Deez Nutz

Well I do have some thoughts on that trigg, If you are getting a complete card for the complete guy for the price i would go with ati. However keep in mind tv out is anolong quality and if ur hooking it up to the tv its just ok. I have a laptop that I watch movies on through tv out which I quite enjoy. So we can get to the buttom of this what ur real needs and desires?

That makes all the difference in the world as u know.

01-07-05 04:19 AM

Pages: 1    
Jump to