driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / 800 X 600 Resolution Fix  
Author
Message Pages: 1
Lemmage
#1 Stenna

I just finished fixing the website so that now visitors with 800 X 600 resolutions can view it without having to horizontally scroll.  I know that most of you won't even be able to tell that I made any changes and you probably wonder who the heck would come here with such a resolution, but it happens. 

Oh, I'm also working on a way to provide us with a server, but fighting the network here is making it considerably difficult.  Right now I don't think it's even possible, but I've got bandwidth coming out my ass so if I can we'll be set!

12-13-04 07:04 AM
Website  
SoundCharger
Natural Born Killer

wow 800 X 600 who the ... nvm that (i used 1280x1024 :D)

Oh, I'm also working on a way to provide us with a server, but fighting the network here is making it considerably difficult.  Right now I don't think it's even possible, but I've got bandwidth coming out my ass so if I can we'll be set!

and this is cool news if it works.

gj

12-13-04 07:27 AM
Heavy Dude
{DoC}

Hey lemmage,

saw your posting on smack, about having problems with the network to be able to set up a server.

For what I know about networking, you have to specify the ports to be open for trafiic outside the network on your border router. If the standard 28960 cod port is not open on this device, no traffic is allowed.

Do you have e direct connection from your server to the router/internet or is it through your intranet. in the last case, the protocols of your intranet are also important. In this case, fow example it may not be able to login onto the server as an unknown user.

Best is to lay down a direct path form your borderrouter to your server. So players only are able to connect tot the server and are not using your network as a transporter. Hackers may be able to bypass the COD server and have access to the network.

Hope you will get it working. If so, I'll be one of the first to come and play on it.

Cya

HD

12-13-04 09:20 AM
Website  
Predator
Stuntman

Me and osman also made a server for terror crew, regular cod.
I still have all the (batch) files on my pc.
If you need any help with the config or other files maybe i can help

|TBS|

12-13-04 11:43 AM
Website  
Pages: 1    
Jump to