dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / Rainbow 6 Vegas  
Author
Message Pages: 1
Butchk

Anyone played this game yet for the pc? I played the 360 version of it, and this game is da ****. Gonna dl the pc version to check out how the gameplay is for it. Heres a video link for the MP mode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C01N0C1q ... mp;search=

12-22-06 06:33 PM

karlmarx
Amateur Killer

I have it for the 360. I don't know if I am going to get it for the pc. But I love how you just cannot run out and see if you can just kill everyone. But what sucks is when there is a grenade being thrown at you the only way to escape is to be near something so you can hide behind it. If not you are dead.

Last edited by karlmarx (12-22-06 10:43 PM)

12-22-06 10:42 PM

Anti
East Bay G

vegas is cool, my roommate's got it.  gears of war is 10x better... although i haven't played the versus mode yet.  campaign is awesome.  best graphics i've seen on a 360 yet.

12-23-06 08:27 AM

karlmarx
Amateur Killer

Gears of War was excellent. But to me the muliplayer for Vegas is better. I am one of the few that didn't really like the multi for Gears of War. But the story mode was a lot better.

12-23-06 09:39 PM

Anti
East Bay G

yeah karl you're right.  multi is pretty weak, but co-op on insane is super fun. 

my buddy got a ps3.  paid $700 and somethin for two controls and resistance:fall of man.  fun game but its alright.  graphics could be better, and gameplay seems a little... too normal.  story mode is better than online, but the deathmatch is still very entertaining.  you can play co-op in resistance too, its fun.  they stole a lot of gameplay techniques from gears of war though, at least it seems like it... like how you can revive your partner if they die.  still very good for the launch title.  give it a month or two and ps3 will be **** on xbox 360.

btw, anybody else felt how much the ps3 weighs yet?  heavist console i've seen.  its heavier than my computer.  maybe 15 lbs?

12-28-06 07:12 AM

karlmarx
Amateur Killer

The ps3 is heavy. But the controllers are so light. I got a ps3 from my friend. The thing that sucks on getting the console early is that there are only 17 games out right now and that there won't be a good game coming out till March.

Resistance was fun for a bit but just got tired of playing it. Call of Duty 3 is fun for the ps3. Love how you can just jerk your controller to bash someone. Difficult to drive by controller so just use the joystick.

For you console lovers if you haven't noticed but it looks like we are going to be getting into a lot of more co-op games for first person shooters. Take a look at Army of Two, that looks like the game to get. Can exchange mags, drag your partner out of danger, to revive you have to perform cpr, and there are many different tactics that you and your partner can do.

12-28-06 07:19 PM

Anti
East Bay G

co-op's pretty fun.  i can't wait to see army of two, it definately does sound like that is the game to get.  being able to drag your partner out of danger and behind something to be able to do cpr sounds awesome.  so much more gameplay options.

the ps3 controllers are super light though.  and also i like how when you're on fire in resistance, you have to shake the controller to put yourself out, or when those things grab onto you, you have to shake the controller to shake them off.  i heard some ps3's are gettin recalled though cuz they're gettin too hot and melting... but just don't leave it on for like 10 hours and you should be fine.  i'm sure they'll come out with a fan like they did for 360... i just hope its not as noisy as the 360 fan.  :/

12-28-06 09:35 PM

darth snuggles
Amateur Killer

If anyone plays this on xbox live, my gamertag is "i perplex."  Add me for co-op  :)

01-02-07 10:48 PM

Pages: 1    
Jump to