dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / Valve Games  
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
Butchk

There are 2 games that are out soon by Valve this fall and one of the games ive been waiting for is PORTAL the other Team Fortress a cartoonish FPS game both look great if you wanna check out it heres a link http://www.whatistheorangebox.com/

09-21-07 10:54 PM

Schaef
Hahahahaha

Yea I used to play Team Fortress Episode 1, **** was sick. I'm definietly getting the episode two. The cartoony look is unique, and the trailer that shows each different class is awesome. It's the second trailer on the far right.

http://www.whatistheorangebox.com/tf2.html

09-22-07 12:22 AM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

Plus, Portal looks bad ass. FPS puzzle game. How tits. And guess what? Valve has support for its games! *gaps* ... *fwap fwap fwap*

09-22-07 12:40 AM
Website  
Lemmage
#1 Stenna

yeah i've seen the trailer ... it looked pretty cool

Team Fortress 2 Beta is already out ... u get it if u prebuy for like 45 bones

i was thinking about getting this but i dunno!?  I've gotten a lot of fun out of CSS but it kinda messes up my cod2 game sometimes ... but here lately it's been a lot more fun than cod2.  Only time i seem to have fun now is in matches and scrims... pubz just have the same people in the same spots with the same guns ... ie gow and u never know who is and who isn't cheating in this game

i never played Team Fortress but i have it on my steam account... if any of u wanna play sometime hit me up and i'll try it out

09-22-07 10:04 PM
Website  
hsL

Wow , that video to that portal game really freaks me the f out.  I think I lost some brain cells watching it.  I like how shes like "Let's look at a real world example.." then theres spikes coming down from the ceilings and a firy pit lol

09-23-07 03:43 AM

hsL

TF2 looks pretty sweet, I must say the spy is the best.  Or the scout dude who just runs thru everything

09-23-07 04:03 AM

Butchk

Portal will cost $20bucks and TF2 $30 i guess your better off getting the orange box which includes other games for $45. :D  I made a steam acct as well if you dont have one make one its free http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=getsteamnow

09-23-07 06:06 AM

Iskander

I'll be gettin the orange box definitely, half-life 2 was sweet, I have episode one but haven't played it yet. I've never done any of the multiplayer, but it should be fun.

09-23-07 02:56 PM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

i have hl2 but not episode 1

anyway the orange box comes with another copy of hl2 but Valve said that once the game comes out u can somehow transfer ur key to someone else...

maybe sell on ebay.. but there will prolly be a lot of people doing that>!@

09-23-07 07:10 PM
Website  
Lemmage
#1 Stenna

bah i think i might just be going to tf2 instead of cod4.. there's no way in hell i'm going to be able to have a system when it comes out and i know i'll need a new one

it looks **** awesome though... i get some money in august though! but that's a ways away

09-26-07 11:27 PM
Website  
Butchk

Perhaps play in a crack server? so u can download the Pirate version  :D

Last edited by Butchk (09-26-07 11:35 PM)

09-26-07 11:35 PM

Anti
East Bay G

Portal looks **** awesome.  Been waiting for a good puzzle game... sadly, I owned a mac as a child and I played myst... but I redeemed myself by playing marathon and dark forces.  marathon was the **** back in the day.  then you know, got a pc, got warcraft and quake, rocked socks, etc.

09-27-07 02:41 AM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

ok so i got tf2 last night...

I bought it ... proceeded to download it.. and before i finished downloading it.. I had already beaten some small game that came with it called peggle extreme....

i played it for a little over an hour... i didn't cover all of the classes.. i only played as scout, engineer, spy, sniper, heavy, demoman - and i must say spy is addicting because i like knifing people in the back !@ (shoulda got some screenshots))

the engineer is pretty cool to being able to build sentry guns but u have to know the right places to set them up and took me a while to figure out the upgrading thing

different players have different health levels... i'm still trying to figure out why i have to shoot people more than twice with a sniper and they are still not dead... must be really sensitive to location.....tried to get a headshot but the amount of damage from the sniper depends on how long u look through the scope.. charges or something

also.. i am a team fortress nooob!

I had a lot of fun just playing around with it.... was funny to see that some clans were already playing it and stacking teams

newayz... further report will follow.. but first look is good  - for a beta i didn't notice any bugs...

09-27-07 12:12 PM
Website  
Anti
East Bay G

i think i might get it too lemm, i'll let you know if i do.  i used to love tfc, way funner than cs.  but i was a q2 ctf man back then, tfc got like 10% of my gaming time.

ps- can't believe nobody made fun of me for sayin i played myst, i know i would've.  ;)

Last edited by Anti (09-29-07 05:24 AM)

09-29-07 03:19 AM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

Anti wrote:

ps- can't believe nobody made fun of me for sayin i played myst, i know i would've.  ;)

i beat myst like 3 times ... as well as riven teh sequal...

10-01-07 01:40 AM
Website  
Butchk

Orange box for $37 bucks at circuit city http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/The-Oran ... tDetail.do

10-09-07 11:15 PM

Iskander

I already have halflife 2 and episode 1, so I'm gonna download just episode 2 and tf2 from steam probably.

10-10-07 02:00 AM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

it's cheaper just to get the orange box.... seriously

10-10-07 02:40 AM
Website  
Iskander

I can download the orange box for the standard price, but then I get halflife 2 and episode 1 to give as gifts to a friend.  So....who wants hl2 and episode 1 for free?

Last edited by Iskander (10-10-07 12:13 PM)

10-10-07 12:13 PM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

notice the DOMINATED...

there were others i dominated but they quit...

and i did it all with an average fps of 35-40

10-10-07 11:33 PM
Website  
Butchk

Damn nice score and nice Ping of 9. Isk and I will join u soon for some battle.

10-11-07 12:03 AM

Butchk

My review on Portal. Its quite an awesome puzzle game its a must have for those that love puzzles, logic, brain teasers etc. This is a must have game im sure you will like it and hate it at times as the puzzles get more complicated. :D

10-12-07 07:58 AM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

Butchk wrote:

My review on Portal. Its quite an awesome puzzle game its a must have for those that love puzzles, logic, brain teasers etc. This is a must have game im sure you will like it and hate it at times as the puzzles get more complicated. :D

I have a puzzle for you. (Not really a) Hint: all the members of another forum I frequent are idiots:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/41127/

10-12-07 08:14 AM
Website  
Butchk

Golbez wrote:

Butchk wrote:

I have a puzzle for you. (Not really a) Hint: all the members of another forum I frequent are idiots:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/41127/

She rotates clockwise then counter clockwise after a min.

10-12-07 08:50 AM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

I hadn't timed it, but yeah, it switches at some point. And because the site says that "CW = logic, CCW = creative" or some junk like that, EVERYONE on these forums were like, "oh wow, now I see how I can make it switch." or "yeah, I'm logical."

Retards, every last one of them.

10-12-07 09:07 AM
Website  
Pages:  1 2    
Jump to