dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / Info on Cod 4  
Author
Message Pages:  1 2 3
Butchk

Here is some more info i found for cod 4 http://www.cod4gamers.net/modules.php?n ... &t=129
as you can see no more rifles, cod 2 is the last game dbi will ever play that has rifles, well not entirely true we still got that MOH Airborne game to check out.

Last edited by Butchk (06-19-07 09:00 AM)

06-19-07 07:54 AM

S u c k Y

It says that the game would have diferrent classes-ranks and to unluck special skills or weapons you'll have to complete missions or challenges and ****.

So basicly this game is gonna be WoW style, in the sense that whoever kid plays the most is gonna have the better guns and skills, the kids playing this **** 24/7 would have LvL 70 us. Marines.

Great....the game is looking very competitive    :rolleyes:

Last edited by S u c k Y (06-19-07 08:46 PM)

06-19-07 08:33 PM

Wicket
entertainment

IW wrote:

Q2: What's special about the new Cod4 engine?
The new game engine fro IW includes a lot of new features and physics, just look at some of it in the list below:

- "Eyes" adjust to light over time

Wicket wrote:

Q2: What's special about the new Cod4 engine?
The new game engine fro IW includes a lot of new features and physics, just look at some of it in the list below:

- More gimmicks to piss you off

06-19-07 08:51 PM

Evil_Lurks
The Father

I don't know man that doesn't sound too good. They said the FAQ is being worked on so we'll see about this the closer we come to launch date. Nothing has been discussed in detail.

As far as rifle Butch, we played it cause ALL Weapons wasn't as fun for the most part in all the games. However, now that it's based in the "Black Hawk Down" Era the weapons will hopefully rape. Although WW2 is the best.

You better act like CeCe, and keep on walkin

06-19-07 08:55 PM

hsL

*sniff sniff* no more rifles :'(

06-20-07 02:11 AM

Golbez
Dirty Bastid

If they give me something like the AWP, I'm still money. But I played CS for a long time before I used the AWP. I was hot at that game too.

06-20-07 02:32 AM
Website  
Anti
East Bay G

I didn't like CS but I was still good at it.  I'm just not a fan of having to aim at somebody's feet to spray them in the face.

06-20-07 06:34 PM

S u c k Y

Check the competition.....is a ww2 game with most likely rifles!!! http://www.ea.com/moh/airborne/

06-20-07 10:33 PM

Evil_Lurks
The Father

Yeah, but MOH never got nearly the same support as COD. That's why it's hard to imagine this one being any different.

06-20-07 11:33 PM

azimeowmix
Certified Killer

its gonna be a bad game for baddies, its gonna have tanks and planes and sprint, just like that awful game battlefield. talking about cod4 of course idunno about moh, games like that arent setup for competition and leagues or to get supported by sponsors and lan events and whatnot therefore not lasting very long. Well i know all that footage they showed was single player i hope its multi isnt messed. The game doesnt look too appealing to me as of now.

Last edited by azimeowmix (06-24-07 03:09 AM)

06-24-07 03:04 AM

Evil_Lurks
The Father

All that stuff you mentioned is strictly single player :)

There's hope. Haha.

06-24-07 06:10 PM

Iskander

Medal of Honor: Airborne does not look fun, but after watching cod4 videos it looks promising, especially after that woefully lame initial trailer from tv.

07-29-07 01:17 AM

Iskander

have any of you read about this whole "customize your soldier" bs on the multiplayer side of cod4?  Seems there's going to be ranks, special skills you can learn and perks and other crap (bullets become stronger, soldier becomes tougher...bleed less) 

If this is true then IW can't count me out.  I just wanna jump in a server and play, not have to worry about having to face some cyborg trooper with hand nukes and concrete penetrating bullets.

Last edited by Iskander (08-10-07 09:32 PM)

08-10-07 09:32 PM

Butchk

Im sure once Pam comes out,many things will be left out due too many game features IW has added.  IW should just keep it simple they are trying too hard to please many gamers that are from competetive FPS games. Also i still have not seen a pic or video on the leaning corners which is suppose to be similar to "Gears of war" and "Rainbow 6 vegas".

08-11-07 03:09 AM

Butchk

Here are 3 videos of the Xbox 360 beta pretty much like the PC version i think....
http://www.callofduty.se/index.php?sect ... mp;nid=943 noticed theres more recoil and no jump shots. Can this bring back Silent trigga?

08-28-07 07:35 PM

S u c k Y

Butchk wrote:

Here are 3 videos of the Xbox 360 beta pretty much like the PC version i think....
http://www.callofduty.se/index.php?sect ... mp;nid=943 noticed theres more recoil and no jump shots. Can this bring back Silent trigga?

Holy ****!!

good stuff.    :)

butch keep them coming

Last edited by S u c k Y (08-28-07 08:10 PM)

08-28-07 08:09 PM

azimeowmix
Certified Killer

at 4.45 on the first video he shoots some kid in the chest with a scope and he tanks it. Enough said. Other than that if they remove the rank **** for competitive play the game looks hot

Last edited by azimeowmix (08-28-07 10:59 PM)

08-28-07 10:57 PM

Roman

azimeowmix wrote:

at 4.45 on the first video he shoots some kid in the chest with a scope and he tanks it.

Probably because it was a semi-automatic scope.

Last edited by 8r0m4n (08-28-07 11:22 PM)

08-28-07 11:06 PM

Butchk

LOL game is not even out and we got complaints already but then again like roman says its a semi kind of like a carbine.

08-29-07 12:24 AM

Evil_Lurks
The Father

Yeah, they wear bullet-proof vests you know :)

08-29-07 01:45 AM

azimeowmix
Certified Killer

yeah i mentioned that in vent earlier i didnt realize that until after i posted

08-29-07 01:47 AM

Lemmage
#1 Stenna

this game sounds too much like bf2 for me to like it

I'm betting the  maps are huge and that our current clan would have to double in size just to have a team

games like that suck because, in the words of Trigg "there is no hero" ... one person won't make that much of a difference

If this is the case then the game will suck for me

08-29-07 05:45 PM
Website  
Butchk

Maps are small or same size like cod2 they may look big but they are not.  Gameplay is very similar to cod 2 according to some cod2 players like Bunswack, coogan, and a few x6 players.

08-29-07 06:18 PM

S u c k Y

Butchk wrote:

Maps are small or same size like cod2 they may look big but they are not.  Gameplay is very similar to cod 2 according to some cod2 players like Bunswack, coogan, and a few x6 players.

Did they play the beta?

and about the maps, if you see the 2nd video where they play the 'vacant map'. It is not that big, in fact most of the fights where done inside a building.

And even if there were maps too big for competition, i'm pretty sure map-makers can fix it up, so i'm not too worried about that.

08-29-07 07:42 PM

Anti
East Bay G

the whole ranking system is *** x 10.  it was bad with uo and the arty+extra ammo and all that, but you could at least turn it off, which was a plus.  if awards carry over from match to match, thats retarded.  if you want awards and bonuses, go play **** wow, don't turn cod4 into ****.

its startin to look like i might like crysis more than i'll like cod4... and i really don't want to have to get vista.  **** dx10 exclusive bullshit.

08-29-07 07:42 PM

Pages:  1 2 3    
Jump to