dbi
driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / Xfire sucks balls, but it doesn't have to.  
Author
Message Pages: 1
Golbez
Dirty Bastid

Xenocide mentioned there was a solution to the problem in a pub the other day, so I tracked him down on xfire, and he was nice enough to dig up the page from the call forums. Check post no.21 by Offspring:

http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=129601

Hope that helps.

Hmmm, it seems to make x-fire believe the version it's on is ver.74 rather than the newer 75, which causes the lag. But changing it to 74 and restarts seems to prompt the download/update of 75. And I got a DX9 error from my game as I left it opened, but minimized. So lemme see if I can load the game okay and play smoothly from it first before you try it. I'll re-edit after I find out more.

Last edited by Golbez (05-06-07 11:35 PM)

05-06-07 11:28 PM
Website  
cheech
Certified Killer

interesting, im having the same problem with the new version of xfire. I have to close it for every scrims..

05-06-07 11:55 PM
Website  
Golbez
Dirty Bastid

Yeah, this fixes it. They corrected it in the version, and changing the number to an older version prompts you to redownload the new version. You can just download a new copy at the website if you wish, but the other way is as easy. Just copy/paste into Run Program, starting from Notepad and ending at the ini file.

05-07-07 12:10 AM
Website  
h8ed
n00b

I tried it once and I will never play it again.

05-16-07 03:13 AM
Website  
Pages: 1    
Jump to