driven by insomnia
Main | User list | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
driven by insomnia / General Discussion / please help, im crying already :'(  
Author
Message Pages: 1
SoundCharger
Natural Born Killer

damn man my external hard drive is broken, well a partition on it, its my main partition which holds my games,movies programs ect... the computer says tghat drive is un acsessable and when i click properties of the drive it says its in RAW format (WTF!!!) is there a way i can recover the data on it or at most the drive, plz some1 respond. i thinking of giveing up computers if this **** persits(...past trouble in the other topic...)

i dont know what the **** to do, plz some one help, ill post screenies for anyone one who ask and the info they need to help me tackle thios obstical, plz help, ty....

01-08-05 11:09 AM
yoyo
TS Mute

http://www.computer-forums.com/showthre ... forumid=16

01-08-05 05:39 PM

P Dubb
P-popper

Hey, Charger...

Hopefully this isn't too late, but I just went through recovering a crashed hard drive over break.  Try running FDISK to see the partition data (do not set anything active, delete partitions, etc - just see what kind of partitions are there).  If the partition is showing up as "Non-DOS," I have a little program that can recover the hard drive to it's previous DOS state (only cost me $30 vs. a $1200+ - that's right, $1200 - recovery bill from a certain vender).  If it does not show up as Non-DOS, I'd have to do some looking around.

Let me know if it's Non-DOS and I'll send you the program.

P Dubb

01-09-05 03:38 AM

SoundCharger
Natural Born Killer

how do you bring up fdisk and what is it?

01-09-05 06:51 AM
D-$
Deez Nutz

ok first off I read a little of everyone's post not the whole thing so forgive me for any miss information. I have some software to recover data if you need it just let me know. Also you can fdisk in xp or any other ntfs file system. Fdisk is msdos for like win 95 and 98. IF you have some issues msn me and we can talk and I can help u through it.

01-09-05 08:15 AM

D-$
Deez Nutz

can=can't

01-09-05 08:18 AM

P Dubb
P-popper

Didn't realize FDISK didn't work under XP.  Try going to Active Partition Recovery and download the free trial program.  Run it and see if it recognizes anything on the drive.  If so, email me and I'll work on getting you the full version so you can restore the drive (the trial will do everything but write back/restore the drive).  Don't know if this will work for you, but I had a hard drive with a bad MBR (showed up as a Non-DOS drive) and this program fixed it right up.

P Dubb

01-09-05 04:06 PM

SoundCharger
Natural Born Killer

ya p dubb can i get my hands on that program :D

01-10-05 08:37 AM
P Dubb
P-popper

Should be waiting for you in your gmail inbox.   Good luck.

01-10-05 03:35 PM

Pages: 1    
Jump to